- About Us
- Organization Structure
- Media Center
Page still on Progress
The purpose is to coordinate activities of the section in order to build the technical capacity of the RS in supporting the administration, management and provision of health services in the region. Technically, the RMO is the team leader and the overall in charge of coordinating the RHMT, linking vertically to the Regional Administrative Secretary and horizontally with other departmental heads within the Regional Secretariat.
1. To coordinate activities related to monitoring of compliance with health policies, laws and subsequent regulations are complied with accordingly;
2. To provide linkage between Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Regional
Secretariat and Local Government Authorities in the region.
3. To coordinate provision of expert and up to date advice to the RS on all matters pertaining to health necessary for supporting effective and efficient delivery of health services by all health service providers in the region.
4. To facilitate translation of health Policies, Guidelines and Standards as set out by the MOHSW for interpretation and implementation by LGAs and other health services providers
5. To coordinate development and implementation of the 5 year RHMT strategic plan and the RHMT plan of action and budget in line with MTEF Guidelines.
6. To facilitate provision by the RS of technical assistance to enable LGAs develop Comprehensive Health Plans.
7. To provide leadership in the RS in monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the plans and advise relevant authorities on allocation of resources to the LGAs
8. To collaborate and assist the LGAs in the management and control of disease
Outbreaks and other emergencies.
9. To facilitate provision of assistance to LGAs and other health related service providers in identifying capacity gaps and develop capacity building measures of their staff for improved quality service delivery in their facilities/areas.
10. To advice to the CHMTs within the region on appropriate health system research and use of results to improve service delivery
11. To coordinate regular supportive supervision and monitoring of all health services in the Districts, including the Regional hospital.
12. To coordinate the allocation, distribution and utilization of all health resources
(human, financial, material) while ensuring equity.
13. To provide consultancy services for improving quality of promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative health services to LGAs and the region as a whole/other health services providers.
14. Conduct evaluation, report and recommend to the RAS on status of implementation of the various planned and unplanned interventions by the RHMT members.
15. To teach at the health training institution(s) within the region.
16. To participate in the process of identifying capacity gaps and training needs for LGAs staff basing on O & OD findings, capacity needs assessment and training needs assessment.
17. To participate in identifying capacity building, training and development opportunities for staff found with capacity gaps and training needs.
18. Any other relevant duty assigned.